Monday, July 26, 2010

Finally Summer...

We had our first hundred degree day yesterday. Although I am aware that the eastern part of the country has been cooking in that kind of weather for months now, we have had a very late summer. We had snow in the end of April, endless cloudy days through May, and torrential flooding rains in June. The beginning of July was breezy with some occasional hail storms. From July 5th on we have had nothing but sun and hot. Being pregnant I am grateful that it took a little while to heat up, but my big horticultural plans for this summer were ruined. I had started beautiful tomatoes, squash, watermelon, pumkins, and cucumbers that didn't make it. They just couldn't wait so long to be transplanted, I had no idea the warm weather would take so long to show up. So I had to settle with some potted petunias and some tomatoe plants that I got from a local green house. Sigh, oh well, maybe next year. Our grass is really green and the freshly planted wheat around our place is looking lush and beautiful. I am really getting used to this place, maybe not the gigantic hail on our tin roof, but the rest is pretty nice.

Mikelle had her second birthday about 3 weeks ago. We had a few friends over and she played outside in the sprinkler and had some cupcakes. We celebrated her birthday a week before the real thing, on Danny's birthday.  She got so used to everyone saying "Happy Birthday" that when her Daddy got home that afternoon she kept telling him "Happy Birthday Daddy!" He loved it. Suprisingly her picture eating cupcakes looks almost the same as when she was one.

Two Years Old











One Year Old









It's hard to believe but she sure acts like a two year old. She talks all the time and is getting more and more independent. Some days she just doesn't want to get dressed and I just don't feel like fighting her.

When we were visiting Ruth and Anna's families in NC we picked up a pair of Dollar Store sunglasses. They broke about a week later and I just had to get her another pair. Now she wears them pretty constantly.


I am trying to keep her entertained this summer despite my lack of energy. We go to the library about once a week. They have some toys and we pick up new books to read. We got a kids songs CD and she asks for it all the time "turn on radio, wheel bus". She sings a lot and knows the words to rock-a-bye baby, twinkle twinkle, popcorn popping, happy family, and lots of others. It is really fun to hear her singing as she plays.

We also spend a little time each week playing in the sprinkler outside. The only trouble is she doesn't like to take her swim suit off. I got a nice shot of her plumber's crack after a playing outside for a little while. Danny and I couldn't stop laughing about it.

She is still a good sleeper and has funny ways of showing that she is tired. I will find her in the most random places laying down with her blankie. The other day it was the top of the couch. Silly girl.

We are patiently, or not so patiently, waiting for this little man to arrive. I am unbelievably huge. All the clothes that lasted my whole pregancy with Mikelle are not cutting it this time. It's getting a little tough. I can't get comfortable no matter what position I am in. Danny is gone a lot. He worked 77 hours last week. He goes to bed at the same time as Mikelle and is out of the house by 5:30 am at the latest. It's the summer though, and I knew it would be this way. At least we have sundays. I am just trying to make it through the rest of this pregnancy without crying everyday about how much I want it to be over. Staying busy helps. And having a wonderful silly daughter helps too.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy weather in Oregon, who'da thought? That is some good lookin grass, good job Sarah lol. I know how ya feel with this pregnancy, I'm sorry it hasn't been very fun. I'm excited for you guys your little baby boy, hang in there. Mikelle is so funny, I miss her.

    ReplyDelete