Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home Sweet Baker

Most of you know that we spent six months in Durkee, the most remot eplace I have ever lived.  We moved back to Baker this past weekend and it is nice to be back.  I would have included a great picture of the beautiful views we have here but we woke up to three inches and counting of snow...yep May 5th and we have snow.  Eastern Oregon is pretty nuts.  I am trying not to be up set that the sunflowers I planted yesterday are now lying in an icy grave, but at least I didn't plant my tomatoes yet.  That would have been depressing. 

Despite the snow we are happy to be back.  There are no stairs in this house and my knees now carrying almost 20 extra pounds ate glad for that.  Mikelle loves her new room and we moved most of her toys in there so she plays in there more often.  The has a new hair cut courtesy of me and it is very flattering, those crazy curls really go nuts the longer her hair gets and I can't keep up with it.  Danny's sunglasses are too scratched now so Mikelle wears them for fun...all the time.  I always catch her posing in them. 

                I finally got new glasses after losing my old ones to Mikelle and the garbage can almost a year ago.  I love them.  One of the gilrs in young women's told me they look like I have always been wearing them, like one of my facial features was missing with out them.  I am not sure if that was a compliment or not.




Danny's last big project in Durkee was to update some corrals.  That required digging a lot of holes and setting a lot of post.  He was only about a half mile from the house so Mikelle and I went to see him a lot during the day and I tried to help him where I could.  Mostly I would stand there and hold a post of try tuse the level for him.  Mikelle helped out a lot too but mostly she just played with her new best friend Sally.  Sally is what we finally decided to name our six month olf border collie.  She is a very good dog and very gentle with Mikelle.  They played so cute together.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love Mikelle's hair, you did a great job cutting it Sarah. I'm too nervous to cut Tanner's hair.
    Those glasses do compliment your face very well, your look so sophisticated ;)
    I didn't know you had a dog?! How cute, I'm jealous. In fact can we just move out there and be your neighbors? I would love to have a yard Tanner could go out and play with a dog in, that has a garden and you could teach me how to...do all the cool stuff you can do. I'm such a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I just happened across your blog. I didn't even know you had one until just now. I hope you don't mind if I link it up to mine. It will be nice to see what's going on with you guys every once in a while. Mikelle is so cute! You are so close to your due date--best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete