Thursday, October 6, 2011

Growin' like weeds

I can't get over how fast My kids are growing.  Chance seems to be changing a little more every day and Mikelle is less and less my baby.  Chance is super smart.  He understands just about anything we say to him.  When we say its time for PJ's and bed he starts running back to his bedroom and trying to take his clothes off.
Chance loves hats...mostly Daddy's
dirty stinky work hat.
He is a Daddy's boy for sure he chooses
Danny over me all the time.
He loves to play peek-a-boo with the
hat.




 Mikelle is a regular little copy machine.  She mimics everything I do and say.  She likes to mother Chance and gets him drinks and snacks.  Chance is a much better play mate for Mikelle.  They can play "ring around the rosie" without dragging Chance behind her.  They jump on the bed together and climb on the furniture.  Granted those activities aren't ideal but I love seeing them play so well together. 
Mikelle and Chance were doing her pre-school books.
Chance just ate the crayons but they have a good time.










We had an umwelcome addition to our home lately.  Someone dropped a house cat off on our property and it does not know how to fend for itself.  It's a very pretty, gentle cat but it always tries to sneak into the house and hide under beds and behind couches.  The kids love it of course but I had to by food for it because it was watching it waste away and i felt guilty. 




Who does this remind you of?  Anna perhaps?

It has been pretty annoying.  It has been a few days since I've seen it and I am not missing it.  Danny's sister's cat just had kittens so we are thinking about taking one of those so it can be a nice outside cat the the dog will be used to and the kids and carry around. 

It's hunting season for Danny.  He took me with him a few nights ago.  It rained on us and we gor soaked but we had fun.  Hopefully he'll shoot a buck this weekend.  I've actually gotten used to venison.  I still prefer good ole beef but there are alot of yummy things to do with venisen.  I can the deer meet and it is great for stews and BBQ meat sandwiches.  We make jerky out of it too.  The elk meat makes great roats and steaks.  The ground elk meat we make into pepperoni and sausage.  So, I am actually looking forward to having the free meat.  Danny is enjoying himself a little too much.  He has a good spot where he knows he'll get a buck but he won't go until he has spent a good few days just hiking around stalking some sneaky big bambi. 

Despite how sad it is to see my kids growing up so fast I love to see them change and learn new things.

Playing outside on one
of the last warm days
Watching the river at the park
















This time of year is very fun.  There will be carved pumpkins and cute Holloween pictures and come!!

2 comments:

  1. I just can't get over how long Mikelle's hair is, I know I probably say that every time, but it's just so pretty! I can't wait to Raegan actually has hair that I can do, I might have to trim her mullet before that happens. Don't you just love this stage with Chance, it's a fun one. Your kids are little geniuses, what are you feeding them? May be it's all that deer meat, yuck.
    Funny coincidence, we just got a kitten last night! It was mostly Ray's idea, he picked it up from one of the guys on his route. She's gray with stripes and she's really cuddly. Tanner won't leave her alone and keeps trying to get her to play fetch(he would rather have a dog).
    Thanks for the post, I love the new background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to catch up on what you guys are up to! That is so great that Mikelle and Chance are playing so well together now. That makes such a difference in what you can get done! Anyways, cute pictures and fun blog:)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete