Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthdays, Balls and Summer Fun

I'll admit this is not my best blog post.  It's mostly pictures and not a lot of details. 

Mikelle turned 3 in July and we got her a pool.  She loves it and plays in it all the time.  She doesn't like to get really wet but she loves to play with lots of toys in water.  Chance even enjoys it.
Testing the water in her new pool

Getting a feel for the water...slipping a little

"Ooooh look the the purple balls"

Sally thought the water looked good too






We got her a few small presents, a Snow White doll and some play dough.  I'm am finally getting the hang of getting gifts for my kids.








I made cupcakes for Mikelle and put too much baking soda, but she had fun making them with me.  She is quite the little cook.




This is a really busy time for Danny.  He works long days and all day on Saturdays. So we try to go out of our way to spend time with him.  We go ride in the tractor with him while he bales hay or ride in the dump truck while he gets a load of gravel. 
Helping Daddy change the oil in the truck
They both LOVE to "help" Daddy
I know this looks like he is eating an oil covered
wrench...Mikelle snatched it from him

.


Helping Daddy change the blades on the swather

Driving the dump truck


Lately I am convinced the my kids get sick of me. They are so excited to see their Dad when he gets home. They ambush him.



This is how Mikelle and Chance help with the dishes.
 Now that Chance is walking and holding his own a little better he and Mikelle have a lot more fun together.  It is making things a little easier for me because they entertain each other really well. 





Chance climbs on and off this rocking horse 20 times a day and loves it!



While daddy fixed the dump truck Mikelle followed Sally's lead and found a shady spot.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Mikelle just looks so big to me! Tanner is only two months younger than her...may be it's her long hair.She looks like she had a good birthday, is Snow White her favorite? Happy late Birthday to Chancey! He's getting so big as well, what did you guys do for his first birthday? I miss you and your family, we'll have to plan a trip to come see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun summer. The kids enjoyed being at their grandparents this summer. We think you have it pretty good living in a beautiful place away from the city (we aren't jealous at all). Your kids are adorable.
    How did the run go? I am impressed it makes me tired thinking about it.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete