Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Family Update

Not too much has changed since I last posted.  Chance is really growing quickly.  I don't take as many pictures as I would like but have a few.

I'm not sure what the sneer is for.

Mikelle is slowly but surely adjusting to the changes, and I am slowly but surely adjusting to her.  She loves her little brother.  She has had a tough time learning how to play with him and love him without hurting him but she is getting better.  She loves to have him lay next to her.  Sometimes they lay in her crib together or on our bed together. 

Mikelle is pretending to sleep.
Her favorite thing is to have him lay on the recliner with her while she watches a movie.  She asks "Chance lay with you". 

watching Ratatoulle
She ocasionally steals his pacifier

The miracle is that she likes to share her blankie with him...rare.
She is starting to distinguish between "you" and "me".  She likes to tell me that she needs things.  She'll get a spoon and say "I need this".  She just likes to practice phrases that she hears me say.  She is now able to get in and out of the bath by herself.  Last night while I was rushing to get ready for mutual she decided that she needed her blankie in the bath.  I was on the phone when she got out and was dragging her blankie behind her asking me to pick her up.  It was Danny who finally noticed that it was sopping wet.  Although it didn't seem to bother Mikelle we had to wring it out and throw it in the dryer.  She is a lot of "fun" these days. 

   Winter is coming quicker than I would like.  The nights are frigid but we still have a few warm days left.  My tomatoes were partially frosted and so far only one tomatoe has ripened. 

 I planted lots of flowers this spring but only the sun flowers survived, and only one opened before it too frosted. 

A mysterious squash plant came up next to my sunflowers and a lone little squash grew before that plant also frosted. 

Least I had something to show for my gardening efforts this year.  Next year will be better I hope. 

4 comments:

  1. Chance is adorable. Sorry we haven't been able to come visit. He looks so much like Mikelle. Its fun to see that she really likes her little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have two very cute kids! Mikelle makes me laugh. I see a lot of Danny in those pictures of Chance. I'm glad you are all adjusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. Did you give Mikelle a haircut? She looks like Shirley Temple with her short curly hair. So cute!
    That's too bad about the garden. It doesn't sound like many people had much luck with their gardens this year since it was so cool. So don't feel too bad about it. You're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Chance is soo cute. I bet it makes you so happy to see your kids snuggling together, I know my heart melts when Tanner does nice things for Raegan. Oh and the bath story, we have a towel rack in the shower and Tanner pulled it into the bath tub. I nearly pulled my back out trying to lift the drenched towel out of the bath tub. He was just laying on it in the water, like he was taking a nap. Lol kids. I'm glad you at least had a few things from your garden, you rock!

    ReplyDelete