Friday, February 19, 2010

Deep breath, big smile

The snow is finally melting, but all the ranchers want more. It sure is hard to sincerely fast for something you don't want, but hey my husband's job depends on fat cows, fat cows need good grass so what do you do? Just take a deep breath and smile. That's what I did when Mikelle asked me to read "The Doggy Book" for the tenth time in a row. That's what I did when Danny walked across a just-mopped kitchen floor in mud-caked boots. That's what I did after I jumped on to the back of the four-wheeler only to find a three-inch piece of wire was there first. It is amazing how much control you can have over your own emotions. Take a deep breath and then smile.




I thought I might mention Mikelle's habit of "peeshy" (sleepy). She lies down on her belly in lots of wierd places, usually the stairs or the kitchen floor, and says "peeshy". My friend Kim watched her for me on Tuesday and said she couldn't find her for a while and located her in the middle of the kitchen floor with her blankie. Quirky girl.



1 comment:

  1. Sarah...what a sweet surprise on my blog! Thank you for leaving me a comment. Talk about kids getting big...have you seen yours lately??? When you left she was just a baby and now shes a little big girl and absolutely darling! So how are you guys? Winter stinks huh? We've had enough of the snow too. Its been a very LLOONNGG winter here cooped up in the house. I"m so ready for warmer weather and the snow to melt. So good to hear from you. Keep in touch!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete