Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Almost Spring


Even though it dropped 3 inches of wet snow on monday Spring is really coming fast.  I expected a long and harsh winter and it really wasn't that bad.  The wheat is up in the field and just starting to green.  I am gearing up for another season of attempting to be a successful gardener.  Third time's the charm right?!

 Mikelle enjoyed playing in the snow with snow pants and boots that kept her dry for once.  We go to the library a couple times a month and las time Mikelle got on one of  the kid's computers and put the head phones on...her cheeks.  I couldn't stop giggling.  It was really cute.





My "chillins" are growing really fast but it's fun.  Mikelle's 2T pants are now "high-waters", and chance is already growing out of some of his 6-9 month clothes.  Mikelle is ennuciating better and better, it's easier to understand her.  She quotes her favorite movies all the time. (She is so my daughter!) She is getting along better with Chance.  She still thinks he is her personal stepping stool and thinks its fun to cover his head with blankets but we are making progress.  It helps that Chance can fight back a little.  If she gets too close she gets her hair pulled in that baby vice grip or she gets her eyes clawed at (unintentionally of course).

 Chance eats more baby food than he nurses and is just starting to feed himself.  He has been attempting to crawl for over a month now and is finally getting somewhere, literally.  He gets up on his hands and knees, sometimes toes, and launches himself forward.  It's pretty funny and he is really making progress.  He sleeps really well.  Both he and Mikelle will nap at the same time about 3 times a week.  It helps me keep my sanity. 

When Chance wakes from his morning nap Mikelle usually hears him before me and begs "go get him". Then she wants to play in his crib with him for a few minutes.  He loves it.  He really adores her.



 Danny wants it to be Spring as much as I do.  He brought some flowers home for me about a week ago.  He doesn't like to get me flowers at those predictable times like birthdays and stuff. Danny is happy as ever at work.  He should be going out to Durkee in the coming months to continue thinning Junipers out there. He is helping with some home renovating for Dale, and of course all the other normal ranch duties.  He now supervises another of Dale's employees and seems to be taking on the role of Ranch manager around there.  He is very valued for the work he does, he is a hard worker and I am very proud of him.  He's got a lot of plans for our own operation that may be coming to fruition in the next few years.  We'll see how things work out.  
 
Liz's wedding is coming up fast and all the sisters have been in planning mode for over a month now. It's fun and there is a lot to look forward to but it sure can be stressfull sometimes.  I don't miss being a bride in that regard.  Danny asked me the other day "so when the wedding is over are you going to start planning Christmas or are we gonna have break for a while?"  I tried to laugh at that one...

One of my visiting teachers loaned me her treadmill so I can train for the half marathon that I am planning to run in Sept. with my sisters.  I am not sure if I will be ready in time but I'm trying.  I can't wait for the warmer weather.  Although I am not looking forward to mowing the lawn!

sally taking a nap with one eye on mikelle playing nearby


4 comments:

  1. Wow your kids are getting so big! Mikelle's hair is so long, she's definitely out of the toddler stage, she's a little girl! Chance is such a cute little dude, and from the pictures he looks a lot like you.
    I'm glad things are going well with Danny's work, we should have a summer family reunion out there in a couple years.
    So your going to run a half marathon too?! You guys are gonna have soo much fun, I'm jealous.
    Thank you for putting up fun pictures and telling stories that make me laugh. I love you and can't wait to see you in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikelle is soo beautiful. Really, those pics where her hair is longer make her look less and less like a baby and more like a little girl. I love Chancey-man...can't wait to cuddle him. I love that you keep up with this blog..kinda wish everyone else would too. Ah, well...:)love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have a blog so that I can catch up on your cute family every now and then! It is so fun to see how much your cute children resemble BOTH of you!! Sounds like things are going great! I thought I had left you a comment on your last blog, because that's when I found out you had one, but I just looked and it never showed up. I am so glad that I get to see what Chance looks like. (Since I haven't seen him in person yet.) What a cutie. BTW, I am blogging now, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I wrote a comment on this post earlier, but I guess it never showed up! You and Danny have a pretty cute family. I'm so glad that I finally got to meet Chance. I was amazed at what a smiley baby he is!

    ReplyDelete